This month, the London Centre for Cosmetic Dentistry talks to Ros Phillips, a Talent Executive for Endemol. Ros has worked on casting celebrities for some of Britain’s most loved TV programmes, including Strictly Come Dancing, Total Wipeout, Celebrity Big Brother, The Weakest Link and many more.
1. How long have you been a patient of Mervyn’s?
15 years I think! That makes me feel very old indeed.
2. Congrats on the most recent Celebrity Big Brother. Can you tell us what a typical day is like on set? Any surprises this year?
No two days are ever the same on set. Our days are very much led by what is going on inside the Big Brother house. This January we had our hands full – there was drama and tears along with love stories and laughter.
3. If you could be CBB house, which five past contestants would you choose to be with and why?
Julie Goodyear – an absolute legend; Patsy Kensit – totally fabulous and fascinating; Janice Dickinson – brilliantly bonkers; Lee Ryan – very amusing; Jedward – they would be the source of constant entertainment.
4. What are the best and worst aspects of your job? Would you recommend it?
You have to have thick skin and a lot of patience to do my job, but it’s worth it.
It’s fascinating getting to know our celebrities and seeing the drama unfold on screen. It’s a great feeling when a series is a real hit and everyone is talking about it.
5. In your line of work, i.e. meeting a lot of celebrities, do you think it’s important to have a nice smile?
A nice smile couldn’t be more important. Teeth is the first thing I look at, closely followed by hands and nails. I’m often a bit shocked when I see celebrities with bad teeth as it’s now so easy and accessible to get a better smile. No excuses! Contact London Cosmetic Dentistry to talk about your options.
Go Back to All Celebrities
Permission has been granted to publish this page