As you may be aware, we had to close our practice in March to help abate the spread of COVID-19 as mandated by Central Government.
We are delighted to announce we are now open for emergency treatments only, with other treatments being phased in gradually as restrictions are eased.
Our practice follows infection control recommendations made by the Department of Health and Social Care – Health Technical Memorandum 01-05, as well as the Standard Operating Procedures as set out by the NHS. We also follow the advice of the NHS, CQC, Public Health England, the British Dental Association, and the General Dental Council.
You may notice some changes at your next appointment which have been made to help protect our patients and staff.
Prior to your appointment you will have to complete a Patient Screening Form and consent to dental treatment during Covid-19.
- You will have to attend your appointment alone unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Please brush your teeth and use your toilet facilities before attending the practice, as our bathrooms will have restricted access.
- We ask that you arrive on time for your appointment as you will no longer be able to wait in the practice.
- When your appointment is due a member of staff will meet you at the door and take your temperature.
- We will go through the screening checklist with you again, if you answer positive to any questions it may prevent your appointment from going ahead.
- You will be asked to place your outerwear and any bags in a sanitised boxed, which will be kept at reception during your appointment.
- You will then have to sanitise your hands, put on a pair of latex free gloves, a mask and head cover – all provided by us.
- The dental nurse will meet you at reception and take you straight through to the surgery.
- Please keep on your mask until the dentist instructs you to remove it.
- Following treatment, you will return to the reception area wearing to make payment, by card, Apple or Google pay – we’re no longer able to accept cash.
- Upon leaving the practice you will dispose of all your PPE in the bin provided.
Due to the increased levels of PPE, which are required for all staff and patients, there will be a £30 charge to all appointments.
Please be advised that 48 hours’ notice is needed to avoid any late cancellations fees.