How dental veneers can transform your smile
September 20, 2022
A perfectly aligned smile or one that is dazzlingly white isn’t something that comes naturally to most people, and that’s why dental veneers in London have become so popular over recent years. But deciding whether veneers are the right option for you takes some real thought, and today we want to help by highlighting some of the key benefits of this type of procedure.
What are dental veneers?
Porcelain veneers are by far the most popular option when it comes to this type of treatment, largely down to the fact that the final result looks so natural and can last for a lifetime if well taken care of. But what are porcelain veneers?
We colour-match and shape ultra-thin layers of tooth-coloured material before adhering these to your natural tooth so that the final result looks and feels as natural as your own teeth. You’re likely to need a small amount of your natural tooth to be shaved down, as this helps the veneer to sit securely, though it’s worth noting that we will only ever take away as little as we possibly can, as our goal is to maintain as much of your natural tooth as possible.
How do teeth veneers in London enhance your smile?
One of the reasons that veneers in London are so popular is that they can be used to correct a wide variety of common issues, making them one of the most versatile types of cosmetic dentistry out there. Whilst they may be an investment, the benefits they offer are plentiful, and include:
- Fixing gaps between teeth – many people have small or even substantial gaps between their teeth. For some, this isn’t an issue, but for others, gapped teeth can affect self-esteem. Veneers can be sized and shaped to cover and disguise gaps, helping to improve how your teeth look overall.
- Discolouration – whether it’s irreversible staining or yellowing teeth which you feel ashamed about, veneers can cover these issues and present with a whiter, brighter smile you can proud to show off.
- Reduce overcrowding – if you struggle with overcrowding, veneers can be a clever way of detracting from this issue. By spacing out veneers, your teeth can appear less crowded.
- Improve the shape or size of your teeth – if you’re unhappy with the overall appearance of your teeth, whether that be because they’re short or small, dental veneers can be a great way to improve the overall sizing of your teeth for something more uniform and evenly shaped.
- Great value for money – although dental veneers in London can be a huge investment, they are also incredibly durable and can last for a lifetime if well looked after. Unlike composite bonding, porcelain veneers are very stain-resistant, helping them to look as good as new for many years.
- Boost self-confidence – there’s no denying the positive effect that a new smile can have on your confidence, especially if you’ve felt self-conscious for a while.
Do you need dental veneers?
As we’ve highlighted, dental veneers are great and can offer a huge range of benefits, but they’re not right for everyone and knowing whether they’re right for you can be tricky without seeing a dentist first.
We would recommend you book an initial consultation with your dentist to determine whether dental veneers in London are the right fit, but that said – here are some signs that you may benefit from dental veneers:
- You have crooked, chipped or broken teeth
- Your teeth are worn down
- You have very stained or discoloured teeth
- You have gaps between your teeth
- You have a gummy smile
- You have damaged enamel
Although the above might suggest that veneers are a good option for you, there are several things that can mean that this type of treatment isn’t suitable, so it’s always worth having a chat with your dentist as a first step.
Would you like to find out more about dental veneers in London?
Deciding whether to transform your smile with veneers in London is a big decision and deserves plenty of thought and consideration. However, a chat with your dentist and a quick examination can be a great place to start, especially when it comes to finding out whether you’re eligible for this type of treatment in the first place.
If you’d like to find out more about veneers in London, be sure to get in touch with our warm and welcoming team on 0207 722 1235 or email us at [email protected] and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.